Manchester Carers Centre seeks a talented information and advice officer who is passionate about changing the lives of unwaged Carers.
Manchester Carers Centre is looking to recruit a new staff member to join our friendly, passionate and forward thinking team. We are a local, independent charity supporting unwaged Carers in our City aged 16 and over, offering individual information and advice, emotional support and practical help, group and peer workshops, training, respite opportunities and financial assistance through grant work.
Senior Carers Information and Advice Officer: SCP22, £20,138 per annum, pro rata, 28 hours per week (Normally Mon-Thu with some flexibility).
Manchester Carers Centre’s telephone helpline is a very popular and high demand service for Carers in our City. We deal with a range of enquiries from simple queries to complex casework, supporting Carers with a range of needs. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented information and advice worker to enable Carers, support and strengthen them, and improve their quality of life.
- Principal role working on the Manchester Carers Centre Telephone Helpline
- Experienced professional able to deliver high quality information, advice, and emotional support services to unwaged Carers via telephone and face-to-face, online and offline
- Passionate about achieving results and outcomes for individuals in need
- Able to work flexibly as part of a committed team
- Someone methodical who can prioritise competing demands and a busy workload
- Great drive, excellent communication and presentation skills and able to work in a highly organised and systematic manner
- Someone with high standards and a ‘can-do’ approach who uses their initiative to work with minimal supervision
- Carers are very welcome to apply
For ore information and an application form, click here
PLEASE NOTE: CVS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
You must complete the Manchester Carers Centre Application Form.
The deadline for all applications is Wednesday 3rd January 2018 at noon. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 10th January 2018.